Textbooks: General Information
When will my order be ready?
- Allow 24 hours for processing. This applies to all orders including Next Day and 2nd Day UPS. Items not in stock will be placed on backorder and processed as they become available.
- All textbook orders will be held for (2) TWO WEEKS . (Orders placed prior to 1st day of class have 2 weeks to pick up your order, starting from the 1st day of class OR 2 weeks from time order is processed after the first day of class) After the two weeks, if order is not picked up, the items will be refunded and returned to inventory. A new order will need to be placed if you would still like to purchase those items.
- Order and backorder payments are not withdrawn from your credit card account or financial aid account until the books are available and your order is processed. Our system will verify that funds are available to fill your order, but the money will not be removed when your order is placed.
Choosing New or Used Textbooks
- When ordering your books online, you will have the option of choosing used preferred or new preferred. With this option, if used books are ordered and are not available, new books will automatically be substituted and you will be charged new price. If new books are not available, used will be substituted. We will make every effort to honor your choice. Please be aware that you may see new and used versions of a book on our website, but it may only come new, such as packages and lab and course packs.
Information for Non-Textbook Orders
- Non Semester book orders (clothing etc) will be filled and ready for pickup or shipment within 24 hours.
- Some items are seasonal and are not available once stock is gone. If the item is on order; you will have the choice of waiting for the item to be restocked or cancel your order. We will contact you immediately if this situation arises.
- Orders that will be picked up in-store must be picked up within 2 weeks.
Financial Aid Textbook Online Order Information
- Financial Aid availability. If you do not have financial aid posted to the bookstore when your order is processed, your order will be canceled. Once your funds become available you will be able to place a new order.
- All financial aid orders or back-orders not filled by the last day of financial aid funds availability will be cancelled as funds will be removed from all student accounts in the bookstore. It is suggested you place your order 48 hours prior to the deadline to give our staff time to process your order before funds are removed.
Shipping and Handling
› UPS Ground - $6.00 plus $1.50 per item.
› UPS 2nd Day - $12.00 plus $1.50 per item.
› UPS Next Day Air - $27.00 plus $1.50 per item.
KSU Bookstore Rental Program
- There are hundreds of titles available. The available books will change based on course demands every semester.
- Save up to 67% off the new book price by renting!
How to rent
- In the store, look for the "For Rent" tag on the shelf, take that book to the register, and ask to rent it.
- A valid major credit card is required to "secure" the rental. You can still pay for rentals with cash, credit, debit, gift card, check, and financial aid.
- Complete the rental agreement.
- Return your rental book by the due date at the end of the semester.